Orthodox Thought for the Day

ORTHODOX THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Monday, January 4, 2016

A thank you & a shared honor

From Fr. Nektarios Serfes, President of the Decani Monastery Relief Fund:

God bless you!  I write to you today with a joyful heart.

During my recent trip to Kosovo/Metohija I was honored with one of the Serbian Orthodox Church’s highest awards.  My desire is to share the honor of the St. Sava Award with all those who sustain the Decani Monastery Relief Fund.  Please click the link below.  The honorable St. Sava Award was conferred on me by his Holiness Patriarch Irinej and the Synod of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church: 


I was humbled to receive this honor.  However, the work of the Fund is shared by many people.  There would be no Fund, no humanitarian relief, if it were not for you, beloved brethren.  So, please let me say that this award belongs to all the benefactors of the Decani Monastery Relief Fund.  What relief and encouragement would I bring to the brethren if we did not co-labor together?   

Further, I send joy and great thanks from the Decani Monastery as God saw fit to bless our Fund with $10,050. at the end of December.  Now, we are more assured that the brethren will not only have needs met but also receive some extra provisions for their Christmas holidays, beginning January 7.  Thanks be to God!  Thank you, all of our helpers and benefactors!  The blessings of God be with you—peace to you soul!

+Archimandrite Nektarios (Serfes)

Children in Osojane, Kosovo expressing thanks to their benefactors
Holding icon prints of the Mother of God, Quick to Hear
Hand-written by Ariane Trifunovic Montemuro, DMRF Board Member
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment