Orthodox Thought for the Day

ORTHODOX THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A personal note from Presbytera Candace

Beloved readers,

Thank you for your kind-hearted well wishes and prayers for the surgery I underwent yesterday. 

I am thankful to say that, so far, I am a survivor of uterine cancer.  The organ was removed and although there was no cancer visible to the human eye outside of the uterus, the tumor was 2cm in size and had permeated the lining of the organ a bit.  So, lymph nodes were sampled as a precaution for possible spread of the disease.  That pathology report will be available in approximately two weeks.  I am hopeful for a “clean” report.  But, if not, I will accept the result as the wisdom of God and His path for me.  When we pray for God’s will, it’s important to trust that His answer really is the best one.   

It should be six weeks before I’m feeling optimal again.  I was discharged this afternoon and am feeling a bit fragile, but it’s to be expected.  I felt the peace of God and the effects of your prayers as I underwent that necessary procedure in hospital. 

God bless you all. 

Your sister in Faith,
Presbytera Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment